ATLANTA – Dec. 5, 2018 — Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, announced today that Samantha Green, eDiscovery expert at Epiq, will speak at Today’s General Counsel “The Exchange” events in Los Angeles on Dec. 12 and 13 at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites:
- On Dec. 12, Green will participate on the panel, “Preserving Proportionality yet Avoiding Spoliation,” at 12:45 p.m. PST. Attendees will learn about:
- What proportionality facts/metrics do parties need to bring to the table?
- What is the range of curative measures under FRCP 37(e)?
- Is “inherent power” to sanction alive and well?
- What about non-electronically stored information (ESI) preservation/spoliation?
- On Dec. 13, Green will be a panelists on “Data Security and Privacy Litigation,” at 10:45 a.m. PST. Attendees will learn about:
- Data breach litigation in a small claims court
- The Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA)
- New causes of action and theories of recovery
- Insurance coverage and related litigation:
- Engl v. Natural Grocers
“Today’s General Counsel brings together a diverse group of experts, from technology and cyber security, to counsel and c-suite executives,” said Green. “The varied expertise and knowledge brings different points of view to the conversation – vital for individuals in the legal industry interested in gaining a deeper knowledge of their practice area’s landscape.”
Click here to learn more or register for the eDiscovery event.
Click here to learn more or register for the cybersecurity event.
Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, takes on large-scale, increasingly complex tasks for corporate counsel, law firms, and business professionals with efficiency, clarity, and confidence. Clients rely on Epiq to streamline the administration of business operations, class action and mass tort, court reporting, eDiscovery, regulatory, compliance, restructuring, and bankruptcy matters. Epiq subject-matter experts and technologies create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to high-performing clients around the world. Learn more at www.epiqglobal.com.
+1 503 350 5850