For many of us, being socially responsible is part of who we are and why we are in this business. We want to provide useful products and services, to provide jobs and opportunities for the society in which we live, and to gain satisfaction through meaningful work. Epiq recognizes that respect for society and the environment is not only the right thing to do, but is a critical success factor for our business. Through the guidance standard of ISO 26000 (and its linkages to the other international norms, such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and United Nations Global Compact, among others), Epiq has begun its CSR journey to implement actions to improve our sustainability -- economically, socially, and environmentally.
Epiq is committed to creating and improving our CSR initiatives, documentation, and reporting as we continually integrate the ISO 26000 principles into our business strategy, culture, and daily operations.
Epiq adheres to ISO 26000’s Principles of Accountability, Transparency, Ethical Behavior, Respect for Stakeholder Interest, Respect for the Rule of Law, Respect for International Norms of Behavior, and Respect for Human Rights. Based on this framework, we are focused on core issues that similar socially responsible businesses address: human rights, labor practices, environmental concerns, fair operating practices, consumer concerns, and community involvement and development.
Human rights: How Epiq treats all individuals
- Measures to prevent child or forced labor/human trafficking
- Providing healthy, safe, suitable, and sanitary work facilities
- Measures to protect from discrimination and harassment in all forms
Labor: How Epiq provides health and safe working conditions, career management, structured social dialogue, and training
- Complying with minimum wage standards, workplace diversity and inclusion KPIs
- Remuneration process, employee satisfaction survey, skills development
- Employee health: COVID-19, stress, working remotely
Environmental: What issues Epiq is confronted with and how we mitigate them
- Use/conservation of energy in the office, chemical use/handling/storage, and reduction of energy consumption through technology/equipment upgrades
- Measures to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from transport/commute/business travel (e.g. carbon neutral air travel, teleconferencing, video-conferencing, flexible work strategy)
- Measures to reduce energy consumption of IT infrastructure
- Actions in place regarding waste management and recycling (paper/cardboard waste, toners/ink cartridges, IT equipment)
Operating practices: Epiq’s business ethics
- Policies and measures on ethics, antibribery and corruption, fair dealing, anti-competitive practices
- Due diligence on information security and privacy
- Policies and actions in place to integrate social or environmental factors within procurement
- Assistance provided to employees and local communities to manage and recover from the impacts of COVID-19, natural disasters/winter weather, and other calamities
- Supplier diversity, community outreach, charitable giving, mentoring, and other D&I initiatives
Contact Us at CSR@epiq