A multinational law firm specialising in complex cross-border litigation, energy, technology and construction cases turned to Epiq for help with streamlining their eDiscovery spend in the UK.
The firm had been working with multiple eDiscovery vendors, which led to complex processes and high eDiscovery costs. They came to us looking to simplify their processes, increase the quality of their output and reduce costs. They also wanted to educate their internal and external stakeholders about the most cost-effective ways of handling eDiscovery.
Epiq proposed a managed services subscription model which offers services covering data collections, processing, document review, through to trial presentation. The model includes implementation of standardised procedures, workflows, and reporting over a two-year period with a fixed monthly fee.
Their two-year partnership with Epiq includes:
- a dedicated project team and regular performance review meetings
- standard methods of tracking metrics and reporting
- consistent service delivery
- cost transparency and operational efficiency
- leveraging the eDiscovery expertise of Epiq subject matter experts to educate stakeholders and their legal department
Partnering with a single provider saved the firm time on the initial stages of eDiscovery projects and streamlined the service delivery across multiple projects. The firm expects to save approximately 30% on their eDiscovery spend under a two-year managed service contract compared to a typical transactional model.