Real-time court reporting means Epiq can supply a complete electronic transcript before anyone has even left the courtroom. Testimony processing and scheduling of subsequent hearings can begin immediately.
Real-time provides users with a live, verbatim record of legal proceedings as they happen. Text is sent direct to laptops in the hearing room so that users can annotate transcripts according to issues specific to their case. Users are also able to create customised search and annotation reports across multiple hearing days, allowing all results to be consolidated into one document.
For complex proceedings involving multiple parties or large amounts of evidence, real-time is of particular benefit, especially where information needs to be shared with team members based in multiple locations. The advantages include:
- Reduced preparation and the time of court proceedings by up to 25 per cent
- Search, view and annotate transcripts, witness statements and related documents
- Link documents to related transcripts and documents
- Create reports of annotations and search results across transcripts and documents
- Work collaboratively using private/public annotations and messaging
- Easy access to materials assists in the preparation of briefs, judgments and awards
Real-time court reporting services are used in the world’s most high profile cases and are available as a desktop or web-enabled version for access on laptops or iPads in the hearing room or remotely. Full training, technical support and equipment are provided throughout the lifecycle of a case.