Nicholas W. D’Aquilla is an attorney and the leader of the mass tort settlement administration consulting team at Epiq. He is responsible for leading a team of professionals who advise and provide solutions to clients involved in multidistrict and complex litigations with respect to resolution of healthcare liens, claims adjudication, settlement fund management and distribution.
D’Aquilla has extensive experience working directly with the parties, special masters, financial institutions, and federal courts in mass tort and class action matters such as:
- Archdiocese of New York Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program
- Michigan State University–Larry Nassar Settlement Fund
- In re ACTOS (Pioglitazone) Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 6:11-md-2299 (W.D. La.)
- In re Boston Scientific Corporation Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 2:12-md-2326 (S.D. W. Va.)
- In re American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 2:12-md-2325 (S.D. W. Va.)
- In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010, Case No. 2:10-md-2179 (E.D. La.)
D’Aquilla’s expert analysis is published in the American Bar Association, Louisiana Bar Journal, and American Bar Association’s Health Law eSource Newsletter. He has been an invited speaker at the Michigan Association for Justice End of Year CLE Program and the University of Alabama School of Law 2016 Tort Law Update.
Nick holds a B.A. from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, a J.D. from Southern University Law Center, and an LLM in Health Law from the Loyola University Chicago School of Law.