TORONTO – April 16, 2018 — Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, announced today that Carla Swansburg, general manager and vice president of Epiq Canada, will speak at the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Ontario chapter event in Toronto on April 24 at the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Swansburg will moderate the panel, “The Rise of Legal Ops: Changing Legal Services Delivery Methods.” Attendees will gain knowledge on:
- The core competencies of legal operations
- Opportunities for in-house counsel to leverage legal operations capabilities
- How in-house counsel can leverage technologies effectively, including technologies used by outside counsel
“Legal operations is a growing and important discipline for in-house legal teams,” said Swansburg. “With the increasing need to squeeze efficiencies out of resources, which often times are limited, in-house counsel are keen to understand more about ‘lean’ processes, work flow, automation, and other operational disciplines. Epiq is pleased to host this program with ACC to help increase awareness of legal operations, including the talent and opportunities developing in this space in Canada.”
Swansburg will be joined by:
- Mimi Bowen, legal operations director, Sun Life Financial
- Elizabeth Evans, senior manager, knowledge management, legal, TD Bank Group
- Laura van Wyngaarden, co-founder and chief operating officer, Diligen
Click here to learn more and register.
Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, takes on large-scale, increasingly complex tasks for corporate counsel, law firms, and business professionals with efficiency, clarity, and confidence. Clients rely on Epiq to streamline the administration of business operations, class action and mass tort, court reporting, eDiscovery, regulatory, compliance, restructuring, and bankruptcy matters. Epiq subject-matter experts and technologies create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to high-performing clients around the world. Learn more at www.epiqglobal.com.
+1 713 933 2905