Relativity Compare is an easy way for a client to compare two documents that look identical but can determine the smallest differences as to why a document is not truly a duplicate. This tool is extremely helpful for clients who believe a document should have deduped from the set that was processed.
To use Relativity Compare in a search:
- Add “Relativity Compare” to the Fields view in a search (or a default View):
- The icon will appear under the word “Compare” from the view:
- Click on the Compare icon for the document ID you are looking to compare. A new window will pop up:
- Next to “With”, click the “…” and enter the document ID number you are looking to compare the document to and press set:
- Click “Compare” on the return screen and Relativity will show both documents differences in the box. Anything new (or “Inserted”) from the “With” document that doesn’t appear in the “Compare” will appear in blue, anything that is in the “Compare” that has been “Deleted” from the “With” document will appear in red, and anything that remains unchanged will appear in black.
In the above example, the client will be able to see that although the body of the text is identical, the header is different, thus the document is not a “true duplicate” and therefore eligible for review.