AI Practice Group
Building Trust in AI for Legal
Today, corporate legal departments and law firms are evaluating new ways to use AI and Generative AI to deliver fast, efficient, and accurate outcomes to their stakeholders.
As early users of AI, Epiq integrates purpose-built AI across our Legal Service Management Framework, including our Discovery, Knowledge Management, Contracts Review, and Compliance offerings.
To assist you in deciding where to integrate AI into your legal and compliance work, Epiq has a fully staffed AI Practice Group. Our team will help you make informed decisions and build trust in the AI models you implement.
AI Integrated Within Our
Legal Services Management Framework
- Structured data set creation
- Large-scale contracts review
- Categorization of Outside Counsel Guidelines
- Pre-built subject matter AI models with proprietary search
- Review high transaction volumes
- Trendspotting and pattern recognition
- AI Solution Design and Planning
- AI for Knowledge Management
- Data Architecture and Preparation for AI Solutions
- Training Set Identification
- M&A Contracts Due Diligence and Post-Deal Integration
- Use of TAR for predictive coding, review, culling, and highlighting content
- Pre-built AI models to accelerate review process
- Turn your data set into a knowledge set at the outset of the matter
- Identify and redact privileged, personal, and sensitive information
What's Next for Epiq and Generative AI
To build trust in AI, we plan to establish and preserve ethical walls that reduce risk and AI hallucinations – generally defined as generating false information.
Using retrieval augmented generation, we can define and limit a search area for more accurate results.
The addition of these best practices will make automated summarization using Generative AI a viable next-gen Epiq client deliverable.
Meet Members of Our AI Practice Group
Early Data Assessment“Leveraging AI, our Case Insights practice redefines how legal teams approach internal investigations, early case assessment and litigation.” (Allison Dunham, Senior Director, Case Insights)
Large Language Models“Generative AI empowers people to perform nuanced, thoughtful and creative work by handling difficult tedious tasks that block progress.” (Richard Robbins, Senior Consultant, Legal Solutions)
Defensibility“At the end of the day, the courts must have confidence in our AI tools and approach. Being able to describe our processes is critical.” (Emily Small, Director, Advanced Technologies)
Transformation“The legal department of the future is here. Digital transformation is not optional, and understanding how to leverage AI will be crucial.” (Shah Karim, CTO, Legal Solutions)
Knowledge Management“AI supercharges knowledge management, unlocking vast firm data and past work, putting the full firm experience at every lawyer's fingertips.” (Eric Anderson, Practice Lead: Search, Data, and Applied AI)
Data Science“By working closely with our industry experts, the data science team is able to choose the best model for each opportunity.” (Emily Jaekle, Date Science Manager, Legal Solutions )
Technology Assisted Review“While we've been using AI within Document Review for over a decade, we are constantly innovating.” (Russell Hutchins, Vice President, Advanced Technologies)
Global Considerations"AI is successful in most eDiscovery matters, and adaptable to a global range of matter types.” (Beatriz Verdeja, Senior Consultant, Advanced Technologies)
Structured Data“Structured data and enahanced search precision is the first step of an AI journey, insights from data drive informed decision-making." (Beth Anderson, Director, Contract Solutions)
User Experience“Integrating AI successfully requires a deep understanding of how legal professionals work and think, making it easy to use and accessible.” (Eric Crawley, Senior Vice President, Product and Advanced Technologies)
Cyber Incident Response“Deploying AI within Cyber Incident Response allows us to work faster with greater confidence in accuracy, all while reducing risk.” (Suzette Garrelts, Vice President, CIR Business Operations)
Time to Value“AI enables personalized, predictive, and context-aware user experiences, reducing time to value, and improving quality of outcomes.” (Shubhakant Satapathy, Vice President, Legal Solutions)
Epiq’s diverse, global team of lawyers and technologists have an unparalleled track record of managing large data volumes utilizing industry-leading technology coupled with decades of practical experience.
- Legal and technical project managers
- Technology and workflow experts
- Data science and data analytics consultants
- Experts in digital transformation for legal
- Lean Six Sigma approach to quality and process improvement
- Workflow automation experts
- Strategic focus on ease-of-use and productivity
- Case Insights™: Early case assessment and development
- Metrics that Matter: Legal performance management program
Featured Case Studies
Canadian Agricultural Company Leverages AI Technology to Reduce Document Volume
Outside Counsel Guideline Obligation Audit Streamlines 800 Client Guidelines
Epiq provides Case Insights to deliver cost reduction for U.S. State Attorney General Office
Epiq Successfully Assists a Global Commodities Provider with Internal Investigation into Alleged Securities Law Violations