Legal Transformation Services for the Law Department's Challenges of Today and Tomorrow
Legal Operations Optimization Solutions. Optimizing Law Department Performance.
Law departments are under increasing pressure to serve the needs of the business and reduce costs. Epiq has a suite of services that help in-house departments meet those near-term challenges and plan for a digital, technology-enabled future. Optimize your legal operations and ensure you have the right people, process, technology, and data insights in place.
Get started with a legal spend workshop.
A law department’s workflow fluctuates significantly, often far exceeding the department’s capacity. Epiq Counsel provides experienced attorneys and legal professionals to law departments on a flexible, interim basis to help the department meet the needs of the business during these spikes in workflow or when specialized expertise is needed.
Learn More ->
Legal Business Advisory
Epiq’s Legal Business Advisory Group helps to identify and manage the best combination of resources, processes, and technologies to reduce overall legal cost while minimizing risk to the company and increasing value to the business. Hyperion Global Partners, a premier law department consulting firm joined Epiq in 2020 and was named the best provider in Legal operations by ALM in their 2021 LegalWeek Leaders in Tech Law Awards . Epiq legal operations experts bring unmatched expertise with a data led approach to help AmLaw 200 and Global 1000 corporations benchmark, roadmap, and implement legal operations optimization projects.
- Hyperion Research, an Epiq company, is the industry's leading source for Legal Solutions Market Intelligence. Hyperion Research is an independent market research organization. The legal profession's leaders, innovators, and trend-makers have come to rely on Hyperion Research as the premier provider of independent market research, analysis, and advisory services. We provide unparalleled insight into the leading trends in legal strategy, operations, and technology. Learn more at www.hyperiongp.com/research.
Learn More ->
Legal Spend Management
With our proprietary data science models, industry leading spend analytics experts, and our Legal Operations Dashboards hosted on the Epiq Service Cloud, Epiq’s Legal Spend Management team has developed multiple rapid-analysis solutions to help you find and act on cost savings opportunities. Our solutions include:
- Litigation Spend Analysis – a deep dive analysis of outside counsel litigation spending, which has helped our clients transform their Discovery programs and achieve up to 30% cost reductions.
- Outside Counsel Guideline (OCG) Audit – An expert-led, data science audit of your outside counsel spending, compared to your OCGs and best practices.
- Managed Invoice Review – our experts work with your department to redesign and streamline your OCGs where needed, and then use those guidelines to develop a review protocol that we use to analyze your invoices each month to ensure compliance, reduce your administrative burden and save you money.
- Spend Strategy Workshop - a collaborative session hosted by Epiq experts that will use a proven framework to introduce both foundational cost savings strategies and cutting edge solutions being used by the most innovative legal departments.
Learn More ->
We help clients in four distinct areas relating to commercial contracts:
- Review and Analysis – Epiq utilizes AI technology to review and analyze high volumes of contracts in connection with M&A transactions, Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) implementations, regulatory change, and litigation.
- Contract Lifecycle Management – We help clients evaluate CLM providers and then implement and integrate the selected solution into the client’s operations.
- Overflow assistance – Epiq Counsel provides lawyers and contract negotiators to law departments on an interim basis when commercial contract workflow exceeds the capacity of the department.
- Outsourced solutions – Epiq can provide an outsourced solution for high-volume agreements when a law department decides to focus on higher value workflows. Epiq’s solutions can include both onshore and offshore resources and can leverage the client’s or our own technology.
Learn More ->
Learn how Epiq is able to support clients in gaining efficiencies and reducing their overall spend.