Lauran Schultz consults extensively with clients to design complex civil and regulatory remediation programs related to mortgages, retail banking, wealth management, vehicle financing, credit card processing and other financial services. Schultz also provides notice expert services as Executive Director of Epiq’s Hilsoft Notifications subsidiary.
His educational background includes advanced study of political science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison along with a Ford Foundation fellowship from the Social Science Research Council and American Council of Learned Societies.
Schultz has supervised numerous civil and regulatory settlements including but not limited to:
- Sales Practices Mediation Program (2016-2019)
- Dealer Finance Voluntary Remediation Program (2017-2019)
- Card Add-On Products Settlement (2015-2018) He has also assisted with the design of multiple innovative notification programs including but not limited to:
- In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010, E.D. La., MDL No. 2179
- In re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation, E.D. NY, MDL No. 1720
- In re: Checking Account Overdraft Litigation, S.D. Fla., MDL No. 2036