Epiq connects the best technologies, processes, and people for the industry’s most powerful, efficient, and defensible managed document review services.
Legal teams need to efficiently review and analyze data from an exploding range of sources. Data’s inherent sensitivity, including privileged and confidential information, means a robust combination of human and machine intelligence is required to enable its analysis and security.
Available across the globe, our document review service offerings are tailored to fit your needs, ranging from staffing contracted resources to end-to-end managed review.
Epiq Managed Review: The hallmark of Epiq’s review offering is what we call “managed review.” In this model, Epiq manages the process and technologies of review, as well as the day-to-day activities of the review team. Our managed review solutions are designed to be flexible and customizable in order to meet a wide range of unique requirements. We host and manage reviewers in our secure remote or in-person* review centers. In collaboration with counsel, Epiq advises on case-specific review and budgeting, staffing requirements, and iterative review processes. And all our solutions are delivered by a highly trained, credentialed, and experienced team of review managers with deep subject-matter expertise.
Legal Staffing for Client Managed Review at Client Site*: When our clients wish to conduct a review at their own offices, Epiq will provide a talented team and will manage all HR- and payroll-related functions. The client or its counsel will oversee and manage the day-to-day activities and all work product completed by the review team.
Legal Staffing for Client Managed Review at Epiq Review Center*: Epiq can also provide project space for our clients to conduct the review onsite at an Epiq facility or in our secure virtual review center. Epiq will provide legal talent, manage all HR- and payroll-related functions, and provide IT support.
Beyond First Level Review: Epiq routinely provides Managed Review across a variety of matter types and clients. We also frequently perform a review prior to and following first level review. Epiq leverages best-in-class privilege and private information identification, privilege logging and redaction processes and technologies to ensure privileged and confidential information is protected.
* Pending COVID-19 restriction guidelines.
To leverage Epiq’s document review capabilities, reach out to Epiq's experts now
Epiq designs customized managed review solutions using the best technology, the best process, and the best people to deliver the best outcome on your document review.
The right technology
The strategic use of technology can have a dramatic impact on the cost, efficiency, consistency, and accuracy of any document review process.
A multitude of technologies and tools are available to optimize the review process ranging from review accelerators that organize and stratify different types of data for efficient analysis to advanced analytics tools that quickly identify relevant content and significantly reduce review populations.
The Epiq Advanced Analytics and Technology team evaluates each new tool, practice, and idea offered by established eDiscovery technology partners and innovative startups to create the industry’s most effective managed review toolkit.
To aid in tool selection and best practices for the use of each tool and workflow, Epiq employs a consultative, proactive, and iterative approach throughout the review process, utilizing metrics and rigorous sampling protocols to provide a defensible approach.
The right document review process
At Epiq we understand that solid foundational activities and adherence to best practices lead to Managed Review success. This encompasses clear guidelines, a memorialized process, quality control, daily reporting, secure review sites, and a global footprint when needed. The result: Legally defensible and thorough processes that demonstrably reduce cost while enhancing accuracy and consistency.
- Clear guidelines: We help our clients develop a clear, thoughtful, and enforceable set of review guidelines.
- Memorialized process: Our teams carefully memorialize the review process so our clients can explain any decisions made and steps taken to ensure and prove defensibility.
- Quality control: Multiple layers of quality control review are performed concurrently with first level review to ensure consistency and accuracy, leveraging advanced searching, conceptual analytics, and active learning where possible.
- Daily reporting: Review managers provide daily reports and intelligence that help guide strategic decisions made by counsel. Our reports detail productivity, accuracy, throughput, projections, and performance-to-budget on a daily basis
- Secure reviews: All of our physical and virtual review centers across the globe provide a “clean room” approach to perform review, ensuring communication is private, rooms are secure, and reviewers only have access to what they require access to in order to perform their jobs.
- Global footprint and multilingual capabilities: Epiq can staff and manage in-country reviews as required for data protection, business or personal confidentiality, security, or other sensitivities. We have experience setting up large and small multi-language teams across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. We are adept at managing review teams in multiple jurisdictions.
The right people
Expertise is the cornerstone of every successful review. Epiq’s review team members bring the right mix of education, vertical expertise, and analogous matter experience to drive the most powerful results.
We speak your industry’s language
Our experience provides deep understanding of specific regulatory and legal requirements and typical data types.
We speak your geography’s language
Our deep bench of vetted attorneys across the globe provides multi-language capability with multi-geography flexibility.
中文 (Chinese Simplified)
中文 (Chinese Traditional)
bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
We speak with your counsel
At Epiq, we know we are most effective when we are part of your broader team. We develop a collaborative relationship with between managed review and counsel teams, including:
- Deliver Case Insights through analytics tools, identifying key areas of concern
- Structure document review processes to maximize productivity and quality, while reducing risk and cost
- Provide comprehensive and transparent reporting to identify trends and key documents
- Streamline processes and utilize advanced technologies to identify and protect sensitive information
- Once document review is completed, Epiq can provide supplementary services to support trial and investigation, including
- Deposition and witness kit preparation
- Fact research and timelines development for motion practice
- Document summaries and trial exhibit creation