Stay in Compliance
Overcoming eDiscovery Challenges of Utilizing Collaboration Tools
It is expected that more than 36.2 million workers will be working remotely by the year 2025. With the emergence of Microsoft Teams as a commonly available collaboration platform, data identification and collection, regulatory compliance, and eDiscovery requirements present new challenges. Collaboration platforms contain novel communication functions and storage capabilities, making it more challenging to comprehensively manage eDiscovery workflows.
Epiq can help connect your enterprise’s Microsoft Teams deployment with your compliance and eDiscovery processes to ensure that Teams’ conversation threads, attachments, and the overall communication flow and context are maintained.
Epiq Compliance Connector for Microsoft Teams streamlines compliance and eDiscovery functions with data managed within Microsoft Teams.
Learn more about Compliance Connector for Microsoft Teams.
How Does It Work?
Epiq’s Compliance Connector for Microsoft Teams builds upon existing Microsoft 365 Security, Compliance and Advanced eDiscovery functionality to provide legal teams the context they need to assess Teams data for relevant and privileged content.
- Message thread grouping for one-on-one, group chats, and channel chats
- Advanced filtering by date ranges while preserving the message, attachment relationships and sub-replies
- Standard outputs to PDF reporting format that retains the same look and feel as the Teams’ user interface + a corresponding an eDiscovery load-file for streamlined import into downstream review platforms
- Message edit identification including a date\time stamp for the edit
- Modern attachment harvesting
- During the built-in Microsoft Teams export process, individual files shared as a Teams message are represented as a modern attachment which is a hyperlink to the file stored within SharePoint or OneDrive. The attachment is not embedded or exported with the Teams message.
Epiq’s Compliance Connector overcomes this challenge by:
- Identifying and collecting modern attachments from wherever they may exist in the SharePoint or OneDrive environments and associating them with the Teams message
- The tool also compares the communication date of the Team chat to the version history of each file to associate the version shared at that point in time.
Vice President, Information Governance Services
Get in Touch
Too Much Chatter: The Challenges of Collecting and Reviewing Chat Messages