Courtney Delaney Senior Director, Class Action and Mass Tort Solutions
Courtney M. Delaney is an attorney and senior director in the Medicare Secondary Payer Policy division and serves as a subject matter expert in lien resolution and complex settlement administration. She provides consultative advice related to all aspects of Medicare Secondary Compliance, including reimbursement of conditional payments for past medical treatment, MMSEA Section 111 mandatory insurer reporting, and protecting Medicare’s interests with respect to future medicals.
Additionally, she has extensive experience working directly with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Central Office to design and implement global (aggregate) resolution strategies to resolve Medicare Secondary Payer obligations in notable mass tort/class action matters, such as:
- In re National Football League Players’ Concussion Injury Litigation, MDL Docket No. 2323 (E.D. Pa.)
- In re ACTOS (Pioglitazone) Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 6:11-md-2299(W.D. La.)
- In re Boston Scientific Corporation Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 2:12-md-2326(S.D. W. Va.)
- In re American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation, Case No. 2:12-md-2325 (S.D. W. Va.)
- In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010, Case No. 2:10-md-2179 (E.D. La.)
Delaney has an extensive roster of thought leadership talks and publications. Her expert analysis has been published by Law360 and ABA Book Publishing. She has also spoken at several conferences including the Water Contamination Litigation Conference, the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys meeting, and the Issues in Asbestos Litigation Conference.