Cross Border Success
Organizations faced with complicated, cross-border litigation and investigation matters rely on Epiq’s globally integrated, proven discovery program.
According to Statista, the percentage of companies in the United States and Europe involved in cross-border litigation and investigations grew from 23% in 2017 to 38% in 2019. While the globalization of business is driving the potential for even more cross-border matters, the evolving international regulatory and privacy landscape is making discovery for these cross-border matters more complicated and difficult. At the same time, the economic downturn caused by COVID-19 is forcing organizations to look for more ways to drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
Epiq is the only discovery provider that can offer a singular people, process, and technology-based approach that is driven by a bespoke global playbook and consistent delivery team created for each client. Epiq can help any legal team build and enforce consistent discovery processes across geographies, creating global efficiencies and delivering better legal outcomes.
Cross Border Litigation Strength
- 15 data centers across 12 countries
- Experts in evolving global privacy laws, including in Europe (GDPR), California (CCPA), Canada (PIPA), Mexico (LFPDPPP), Brazil (LGPD), Ireland (DPA), South Africa (POPI), and more
- 195+ languages supported via automated processing tools, including CJK character-based languages
- 30,000+ global database of reviewers to accommodate language, expertise requirements and data location requests, including at client locations when needed
- Experience creating efficient multi-language workflows, including advanced analytics
- Consolidated global reporting to improve overall program management
- Global, follow-the-sun operational footprint
- Globally integrated client services team
- Global advanced technology availability, including Reveal NexLP, Brainspace, and Relativity
- Deep experience in internal investigations, litigation and arbitration, data breach, government inquiries, competition, and other regulatory matters
Globally integrated discovery services, including forensics and collections, processing and hosting, managed document review, production, and more.
The Global Playbook
Epiq’s global approach is driven by the collaborative creation of a global playbook for each client:
- Single point of global control and service (lead account director, lead client services representative)
- Local teams with in-market understanding
- Physical presence where needed
- Global ownership, with all team members using the same playbook
- Global pricing
- Global processes for project management
- Technology deployments
- Physical locations
This playbook ensures clients will benefit from a global approach, including:
- Simplification of vendor management with one service provider meeting all your needs on a global basis
- Reduced overall costs resulting from global buying power
- Internal efficiencies gained from establishing and following consistent processes globally
- Global reporting and metrics, with ability to compare and reference across regions
- Data insights across regions
- Reduced legal risk through enhanced process consistency
- Easier, simplified technology adoption globally
- Single point of contact with Epiq for easier communications, with local support as needed
- Global view that incorporates local expertise regarding privacy and other regulations
Epiq can staff and manage on-site, in-country reviews as required for data protection, business or personal confidentiality, security, or other sensitivities.