Epiq takes complex Medicare guidelines and creates clarity for clients and providers. When it comes to future medicals and protecting your interests, trust the experts at Epiq whose methodology has been judicially approved time after time.
Backed by years of experience in working with Medicare, our dedicated team of attorneys, analysts and registered nurses make Epiq the industry’s most trusted authority. Our future medical expense (i.e. Medicare set aside) evaluation in workers’ compensation and third-party liability cases includes evaluating and satisfying Medicare’s future interests, identifying Future Medical Allocations, and providing compliant spend-down options to ensure Medicare is not billed prematurely. We make fact-specific recommendations in each case to ensure that the settlement complies with Medicare’s guidelines and the claimant’s benefit eligibility is protected.
Future Medical Allocation Services
Our future medical allocation services follow a 3-step methodology:
- Evaluate. Our team reviews the case to determine whether an award compensates a claimant for future medical expenses based on objective decisional future medical allocation methodology, and if so, provides the maximum obligation.
- Allocate. We determine final future medical allocation obligations in order to protect parties from the federal government. Then, we determine what injuries are related to the litigation, as well as what is covered by Medicare.
- Submit. After all proper steps are completed, we submit the future medical allocation to CMS for review and approval, as appropriate.
Benefits to Key Stakeholders
- Future medical allocation determination based on objective measures
- Obligation determination based on medical and legal standards
- Future Medicare eligibility is protected
- Medicare compliance ensured
- Attorneys and firms can close file comfortably knowing that Medicare will not successfully recover another dollar for future medicals
- Expectations fully met
- Identified and funds spent down