The strategic use of technology can have a dramatic impact on cost, consistency, and accuracy. Today, a multitude of technologies and tools are available to improve the review process, ranging from review accelerators that facilitate working with different types of data or performing discrete activities, to advanced analytics that significantly reduce review populations. The Epiq technology-assisted review (TAR) industry experts evaluate each new tool, practice, and idea offered by established eDiscovery technology partners and innovative startups to create a portfolio of options.
To aid in tool selection and best practices for the use of each tool and practice, Epiq employs a consultative, proactive, and iterative approach through the review process, utilizing metrics and rigorous sampling protocols to provide a defensible approach.
- Review efficiency technology to streamline the review process (email threading, near duplicate analysis, foreign language identification)
- Review Prioritization TAR technology for significant reduction in review content (Continuous Active Learning/Predictive Coding, Clustering, Domain Analysis)
- Sensitive data identification and handling technology to help ensure error-free processing (Privilege identification and logs, PII identification, redaction)
- Data conversion technology for non-traditional data types (Convert recorded calls, videos, images)
- Investigation technology to find the needle in the haystack.
After the review, Epiq’s highly credentialed teams have experience explaining technology tools to our clients and their adversaries, as well as to government agencies and investigators. Our careful memorialization process means that all decisions made and steps taken are readily available.